Monday, June 10, 2013

domingo, 9 de junio


Sunday was a relatively uneventful day for us.  I woke up feeling a little under the weather and knew it wasn’t from the night before.  When Jen and I eventually made our way out of bed we headed down to our favorite café again and got our favorite, bocadillo de tortilla de patatas.  We enjoyed our brunch and then Jen began some work and I headed back for bed to rest up.  Eventually I woke up to get the rest of my homework done and just relaxed for the day.

When I finished up my work I got back to reading my book for fun because I could not put it down.  We basically just hung around the house for the day and tried to get work done.  Gemma made us our lunch, which consisted of nearly all my favorite foods here.  We had a tortilla de patatas with bread and the best queso on the side.  Gemma also made up a fresh strawberry and watermelon smoothie.  




I ended up falling asleep for a while again hoping to catch up and feel better.  While I was asleep Jamel had talked to Jen about dinner but she didn’t quite catch it all.  So to our surprise when the door buzzed, 4 of Gemma and Jamel’s friends came over.  We were all eating dinner together, which then all made sense because they had been preparing a ton of food throughout the day.  We had a large ceramic dish filled with couscous, chicken, potatoes, carrots, and a bunch of other things cooked in chicken broth.  It was a nice light meal and very tasty.

Weird contraption to cook couscous
It was a little difficult to understand all the conversations at the dinner table but I was able to pick up on majority of it all.  One guy is originally from Australia and I could definitely tell Spanish wasn’t his first language.  I talked with Gemma’s friend, Matilda, the girl from Italy and she’s very easy to talk to and very helpful with me.

After dinner we headed back to our room, surprisingly still tired and I finally finished my book before my nook battery died and headed off to sleep for our last official day of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment