Tuesday, June 11, 2013

lunes, 10 de junio


Monday was a little easier waking up since we did not do much of anything on Sunday.  We had our final day of normal classes, which was actually a little sad for me to think of.  It was my last official day of taking a Spanish class after nine years.  We didn’t do much in our classes except going over what our final exams were going to entail.  After school we headed back home for lunch.  Jamel made us chimichurri marinated steak sandwiches on a baguette.  I finally got to eat some hummus for lunch after failing miserably when looking for it in Greece. 

After lunch I took a good ole siesta to try and feel a little better before heading back to school later that afternoon.  All Spanish classes had to do a post-assessment oral recording to compare our Spanish before the trip to now.  After a lot of technical difficulties with the computers, one other girl and myself figured out how to just use our iPhones to record and email it in.  Thankfully that worked otherwise I would’ve been there much longer than 30 minutes.  Jen was hard at work on her El Cid paper when I got back and we went for a little stroll around the area to take a break. 

We went to the “chinos” store looking for postcards because that is the store that literally has anything you could think of…besides a simple postcard.  We stopped at the grocery store to pick up some snacks for the week and headed back to continue work.  I started packing a bit and that ended quickly…did not want to open that can of worms.  So I just hung out for the rest of the day while Jen worked until dinner. 

Dinner was...interesting…thankfully we were eating in the kitchen by ourselves this time.  We had a large bowl of gazpacho, plate of queso, hot baguette, and a traditional Andalucía dish.  The dish consisted of a bowl of breadcrumbs and ripped up ham, and I’m pretty sure the breadcrumbs had cumin all over them as well.  It wasn’t a bad dish but it wasn’t my favorite either.  As far as the gazpacho went, I could only eat a little.  Something about cold soup just isn’t my forte so I stomached a few spoon fulls and poured the rest down the sink…and Jen made me take care of hers as well...oops.  So for our lovely dinner we ended up eating yummy bread, cheese, and water.  So filling…  After dinner Gemma and Jamel’s friend stopped by with GOLFA!  We were so excited to see her again and play a little; she is literally one of the sweetest dogs ever.
I began to get a headache again so I went to bed pretty early, only to wake up wide-awake an hour later.  The rest of the night I tossed and turned wide awake not able to sleep probably because of exams fast approaching and our stay here ending soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment